Friday, May 8, 2009

Update for today

OK – quick update

Meeting was at 10am this morning, SS shown me around the house, all the internal are done and house inside is cleaned

There are a few outside items still being worked on, and SS has spent the whole morning fixing it (rather than getting tradies to do it, he just do it himself, well done). He assured me that everything will be done by the end of today, so i am happy to sign off… I know that I should sign off after all are completed, but i think it is just about trust, and i trust him.. so i signed off but i won’t pay until he confirm all items are done. And he is fine with it.

There are only 2 items outstanding and will leave it post handover

– 1. provide me the warranty certificate for the mortar re-colouring, and

– 2. monitoring the mortar color through maintenance period
This is tricky. They have done the mortar re-colouring a while ago, and now because Kevin has identified some brickwork issue during PCI, so the brickie has to come and fix, however the mortar color look a lot lighter, I nearly had a heart attack when i saw it.
But SS assured me that it is the same color, it is just because it is not fully dry and still new, so the color not quite blend with the rest of the house. He is also happy to put in writing, if the color is still not settled at the end of the maintenance period, he would come back and fix it
To be honest, the color looks slightly better than a few days ago, so may be true that it is too early to judge the color, so I let it go as long as we have that in writing

So hopefully this is it… All the appliances have booked in and will deliver in 2 weeks times…

Later in the afternoon, SS called and confirmed that everything has been done except for the acid clean for the driveway/garage floor, and it will be done on Monday. I just went to the house and checked, everything are there and only the acid clean remaining, i am quite happy with it… Look like i can finally settle my house on Monday… yeahhhh

This weekend, shopping time… hehehe.. i need to buy some rob to hang my curtains, also need some roller blinds, need to hang them up first so that i can start moving things in…